The Office of Undergraduate Advising & Research (UGAR) oversees a variety of advising and research programs focused on undergraduates. UGAR supports faculty in their roles as academic advisors and intellectual mentors. The office also provides advising and resources to students to aid them in their academic exploration and intellectual growth. Visit the sites listed below or contact the office at 646-3690.
- Pre-major advising: Resources for faculty serving as pre-major advisors to first and second year students
- Undergraduate Research: Funding and resources to promote faculty-student collaboration in research, scholarship, and creative projects
- Women in Science Project: Program focused on creating a learning environment where women can thrive in science, engineering, and mathematics
- Fellowship Advising: Advising for students interested in applying for national scholarships and post-graduate fellowships
- Health Professions Program: Resources and advising for students planning to pursue a career in the health professions
- E.E. Just Program: Program to promote academic excellence in STEM fields.
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowships (MMUF): The MMUF program supports students who are committed to issues of racial diversity and plan to pursue a Ph.D. in select fields.